The most promising technology startups from Northern CA are selected to engage in 8 weeks of intensive education and mentoring sessions in order to refine their business model, hone their pitches, and prepare to take the stage in front of investors on Demo Day.
Applications Due: 2/20 Accepted Companies Announced: 2/23
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Sessions will be Tuesday nights (6:00-9:00pm) at 801 K Street, set 2800, Sacramento 95814
Dan Wadhwani is a Venture Partner at Impact where he moderates the Entrepreneur’s Showcase accelerator modules and provides expertise, insight and coaching to participating companies. He helped launch the Showcase program in 2010.
In addition to his work at Impact, Dan is the Fletcher Jones Professor of Entrepreneurship at the University of the Pacific and Visiting Professor, Copenhagen Business School. His research, which has won awards in the fields of entrepreneurship and business history, uses historical methods to study innovation, management, and disruptive change in industries over time. He is, most recently, co-editor of Organizations in Time: History, Theory Methods, which was published by Oxford University Press in 2014. He has also won multiple awards for this teaching at Pacific.
Prior to Impact, Dan served as Newcomen Postdoctoral Fellow and Lecturer at the Harvard Business School. He has served on the Board of Trustees, Business History Conference, 2008-11; and is currently Associate Editor, Management & Organizational History.
Dan earned his BA from Yale University and his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania.
Key Industry Leaders
– Phil Wickham, President and CEO of Center for Venture Education / Kauffman Fellows Program
– Mark Heesen, President of NVCA
– Jeff Harbach, Kauffman Fellows
Executives, Investors & Entrepreneurs
– Rick Nelson, CEO, DirectTechnology
– Ryan Montoya, Chief Innovation Office, Sacramento Kings
– Kevin Nagle, EnvisionRX
– Mark Haney, Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO, Entrepreneurs Unlimited
– Alex Castro, CEO, Mcorp
– Janine Yancey, CEO, emTrain
– Michelle Hallsten, Greenberg Traurig
– Jon Coss, Pondera Solutions
– Andy Beal, Founder, MaxPreps
– Jack Corrie, Executive Consulting
– John Bodrozic, CEO, HomeZada
– Carrie Walsh, Silicon Valley Bank
– Duane Wilson, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
– Yang Ni, Investor
– Mike Bates, Band of Angels
– Jayan Ramankutty, Investor
– Gary Hooper, Investor
– Hernando Guzman, Latin Idea Ventures
– Dr. Yan Chow, Director of Innovation & Advanced Technology at Kaiser Permanente
– Vikram Viswasanathan, SVP and GM, Digital Media Business at Adobe Systems
– Dan Becker, Director of Corporate Development, Samsung
– Yanev Suissa, Venture Fellow at New Enterprise Associates
– Michael O’Dell, CIO of Raley’s
– Marlon Nichols, Intel Capital
– Dan Becker, Watchwith
– Dr. Sarah Peach, Technology & Business Unit Siemens
– Gavin Teo, Investment Manager, Comcast
– Rick Prostko, Principal, Comcast
– Kevin Johnson, Mayor, City of Sacramento
-Louis Stewart, GO-Biz
– Gavin Newsom, Lt. Governor of California
– Carlos Ramos, Dept. of Technology Director & State CIO
– Alex Padilla, State Senator
– Jay Nath, City of San Francisco Chief Innovation Officer
– Nabil Fares, CIO Department of Healthcare & Services California